Friday 28 October 2011

Look Book Shoot At Obscure Couture


The wonders of the internet, I just love trawling through it, looking at designs and fashion history as all these things all play an important part in my job and I love keeping my eye on the ever changing world of fashion. 



Through the 25 years of working in this business I don’t think I have never been as excited about a Scottish designer as I am about Glasgow’s Obscure Couture. I just love their designs and have been following them on the social networking site for the last year and am so glad the rest of the UK and beyond are now getting a touch of Obscure Couture’s Fashion. Their designs being worn by the singers on UK’s X Factor.

Obscure Couture wowing  LFW







I noticed a call in Facebook for an extra hairdresser for a large shoot they were doing for their 2012 collection, look book shoot. I love scaring myself and pushing myself into the unknown and working on fashion designers shoot was a first for me, but I thrive on a challenge. 






I had kept an eye on LFW (London Fashion Week) I looked at some of their designs from the 2012 collection. So with some ideas in my head of what I was going to do off i went to join the team for the afternoon session.





I didnt use any of the designs i had, as my mind went totally blank and the hairstyles I styled grew organically as I was going along. Pulling from the designs around me. My thinking for these styles was a strong 80's look for the brief. All will be revealed when Obscure Couture's Look Book comes out. 




Can’t wait to see myself, here is a touch of what’s to come, a few photos from behind the scenes.





Using some inspiration from the colours added to the models shoes I added a touch of colour to the two hairstyles I did on the shoot… A simply over slung pony, to retro it up a bit I added some neon green to give it that 1980’s pop vintage look. 







Adding colour to your hair is the new retro look taken from the 1980’s fashion. This is the era I started in hairdressing so all the old values are coming back to me.
But it’s not about going back to the 80’s it’s about bringing the 80’s forward, refining it and adding to it, to bring a new slant to it.


Adding some pink extensions the  with  rick racked for a stronger feel on the old crimpt look. If you don’t want to be a total radical and dye your hair colourful you can use fun coloured hair extensions to give you an instant look.












No comments:

Post a Comment