Sunday 16 October 2011

Glasgow Neds



G2E Events contacted me about a very cool music video that was happening in Glasgow and would I like to be involved. The brief was “NED’S”. Well, as a Glasgow girl and as a one time would be ‘Ned’  I couldn’t refuse. The intrigue its self was enough to drag me out of bed on a Sunday morning. 





The venue for filming was in the super cool venue Flat /01 In Glasgow City Centre. 
If you're wanting a night out that reminds you of a night in, this venue is for you. The quirky bar is a take on the old party flats we went to in our time. This venue is a cosy home from home with a vintage setting and fully working bar.  It really has to be seen to be believed; you can sit in the bath while playing the mega drive or have a laze about the double bed. Check out more of this cool venue on their site. You can be book it for parties and events.
 




                                   As the Glasgow Neds would say “it’s pure dead gallus man”   



Gav Livz'
  




The shoot was for the new single from Gav Livz' next mixtape, "Bucky Bottle". It is a light-hearted song focusing on the Glasgow culture of ned's and their love for Buckfast!  

Going in to the flat, I first saw the guys who were playing the part of Neds. They had already been in makeup and ready for the shoot. The makeup was brilliant. The cuts and bruises were so real I had to ask if they were real. You never know on a Sunday morning what went on the night before!




If I wasn’t a Glasgow girl through and through I would have maybe been a little intimated by the guys as they really did match the script for Glasgow Neds. Well that was until you spoke to them. They are great bunch of guys. Who were very far from being Neds. They were having a laugh, back acting like teenagers again. Or were they acting?? lol 


 

 

This left me with the task of turning a bunch of cultured beautiful and creative stylish young woman into Glasgow Neds. Well with their hair anyway. 













They all played the part very well, some might say too well ladies? lol 








Crew from the Academy of Make Up





 


Big makeup was applied by the crew from Glasgow’s, The Academy of Make Up, who also worked on the guys bruises and cuts to give them a realistic Ned look. I didn’t need to look far for inspiration; I just got my old photos out and went over some of my own old hair styles from the days… 










Once everyone was ready it was time to roll and that’s what most of us did at the whole thing roll with laughter. What a totally brilliant spot on rap song about the culture of Glasgow and the their love for Buckie (Scottish wine).




Gav Livz with some scaring makeup







Not only does it translate the story of our national obsession with the wine but shows off  Scottish Hip Hop duo Gav Livz & MC-VA  as modern day poets’ who are bringing the fantastic  culture and sounds of our national and regional tongue to Hip Hop … Check out them out on You Tube. 








I am not a connoisseur of Hip Hop if I am totally honest but I know a classic when I hear or see it whatever the genre and this video will
definitely be that. Can’t wait to see it when editing is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment