Saturday 27 August 2011

"House Is Not A Home" - Fashion Show from House of Black Designers




"House Is Not A Home" - Fashion Show from House of Black Designers 



I answered a late call for a hairdresser from G2E Events, to support an up and coming Glasgow designer House of Black, a quick look on his site and at his work and loved his designs and look of his models. 
 





 





David Black Designer from the House Black was showcasing his collection ‘House is not a Home’ fashion show in The Old Hairdresser’s in Renfield Lane, Glasgow. 





While I was getting the models hair done I was in the room of which the fashion show was being staged.  The stage was set in an unused room with disused bit and pieces scattered artistically around the room, who would have thought making a room a mess would be an art form, but as I watched it transform I started to see why some things (rubbish) were sometimes better placed and the scene was set. 




                                              Some of David Black's drawings of his collection 

 
With the scene set the audience arrived, and the models ready behind the scenes to showcase the designs.




I thought I would push myself a bit and start giving some of my time for projects like this, and I did learn a lot from that day. I had already pushed myself at the shoot of Ashley Collins music video, I was the only hairdresser on set until the afternoon, styling most of the cast on that shoot made me realise I had to push myself further in shows and film sets. You use a whole load of other skills on these gigs and your time and speed has to be spot on, nobody waits on set.


 




When I arrived I briefly spoke to the designer and what look he was looking for he was looking for different textures sleek and dishevelled. Time is a great factor and never so than on this day, I was to be joined by another hairdresser and they didn’t turn up so it wasn’t until I had already started with what I was going to design  that I quickly realised I had to change quickly with the time factor on each models already halved. 




 
So instead of sleekness with dishevelled curls at the bottom, I went for sleek off the face and back combed dishevelled look, a quick but very visual look and when they models came back from makeup I realised I had made the right choice for the time scale we had, pity the MUA were in another venue so all the work I had already done to some models had to be redone due to them having to run back to the venue in the typical Glasgow rain running my looks, added with the fact that most of the models had washed their hair that morning (Worst thing ever if you want a high style to stay in all day) 












With the scene dramatic, the makeup also I am so glad I went with the dramatic hair. When the show started Drama was definitely the theme, and the models played it off brilliantly. The music set the tone of a very tousled feel to the look and the setting and with the models themself playing it not so steady on their feet, remarkable kept all their femininity and looked stunning as the staggered around the broken up  room to show case the designs. 

 





 















 





















 









The biggest thing I learnt from this day was you can never be too organized, know your models and know your designers styles before you even think about doing a fashion show, but we all have to push ourselves and get right in the deep end ever now and then, plus I loved the buzz of being with creative people in Glasgow again. Bumped in to the lovely Daniela Flores from Daniela Flores Photography, some of the photos shown are hers. 

Great response from the audience and reviews 


MODELS
Emily Butcher
Namate Sililo
Aimee Louise Owens
Emily Morton
Vivien Taylor
Ronit Hyman
Louise McNeil
Hazel Martin
Kirsten Gribbin
Domonique Wilson












PHOTOGRAPHERS
Ian Lynchahon
Pemma Ellis
Oliver Schneider
Daniela Flores







 








HAIR STYLIST
Lesley Docherty from Headstrong Solutions
MAKEUP ARTISTS
The Academy of Makeup








A House is not a Home Collection from House of Black

No comments:

Post a Comment