Saturday 20 August 2011

All Glittered at the Glitter Beach Ball


Glitter Beach Ball
Grand Central Hotel Glasgow Saturday 20th August 2011
Charity Ball in aid of the Glitter Beach Foundation, building a respite house for patients suffering from bowel-related illnesses. Ashley Collins was supporting the foundation by preforming at the ball. 

Funny how a twist of fate can lead you to down a path, Ashley Collins was preforming at the charity ball in Glasgow City Centre in the evening and I was to go and set and style at her home early afternoon before she left for the gig, but with roads works I was over an late and we had to change our plans, so Ashley could make her sound check, I drove us into the City and set Ashley hair at the venue just in time for her sound check what she did in her curlers. While I was getting Ashley’s hair set it became clear that a couple of make-up artist who were meant to be supporting the evening by doing the hair and make up for the models of the catwalk for that evening hadn’t turned up leaving only one Make-up Artist, Stephanie Kerr MUA was amazing that night and not only did she do all the make up for the models and most of their hair as well, I helped her out once I finished Ashley’s hair and hopefully made a stressful day for her a bit easier.  But all those twist of fate lead me to meet Stephanie Kerr, shortly before I met George Monahan photographer and a very special team was born. Prof that if you give a little you always get it back ….. So go do your bit for charity when you can, it can lead to magical things.












This is Ashley after I set her hair and her hair extensions; we used a full set for this hairstyle. Ashley already has long hair but these add more volume and a little more length, we use a full set of pink label hair extensions, to find out more about the extensions follow the link to my website.







One of the models brought her own set if hair extensions which I also set and styled, I had a nice compliment from the model, she said it was the first time she couldn’t see the that they were clip in extensions and sometimes it just better to get a stylist to fit your extensions for that special day or night out so they look totally realistic.  Check out my website for the details of my late night weekend appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment