Thursday 15 September 2011

Cover Girl - Ashley Collins

My Wee Pal Ashley .... So Proud of you honey x 

I have worked as Ashley Collins hairdresser now for over a year, but I have known Ashley for many years, we first met when Ashley was still a teenager and had just left college and both of us started working alongside each other when we did voluntary work for a kids drama group in Castlemilk, Glasgow “Mamie’s Wean’s” ran by Mamie Lang for over 10yrs now to keep kids off the streets on a Friday night the kids have went on to bigger and better things in the arts industry. Ashley taught dance and movement along with drama classes for the kids and I was the groups Producer for some years. We both loved working with the kids although very challenging tough work at times but you get more from the experience than you give, Ashley is one of the sweetest and warm hearted girl I know with a lot of love and compassion in her heart and uses her talent to give to others, a real role model for young girls and woman alike. Following and living her dreams.


Seeing Ashley move on with her music I contacted her and I now support Ashley at most of her concert dates and all her videos and photo shoots. After the shooting of her second video super diva and leading up to launch of the single on the download charts, Ashley had her photo shoot in the Glasgow  West End nightclub Boho Club.

Again I was working with Stephanie Kerr from Peach and Paint and George Monahan from Monapics.com we are becoming a bit a dream team, all working well together before the shoot so we know exactly what’s expected to achieve the best possible images for the theme specified from Ashley. I love the strong images we are creating together. 
 
 



Nothing is sexier than big bouncy girls so I gave Ashley masses of curls; I had already curls and prep the hair extensions before i left early in morning to meet Ashley at her home to start prepping her hair. 9:30am start with our tea in hand we start getting the curls set and by 11pm we both set off for the West End in Glasgow to meet the team at Boho Night Club …. Ohhh I so missed a photo opportunity with Ashley in her car with her rollers and hair net on driving to the venue lol

I used pink and blond hair extensions to give volume and added colour to Ashley’s hair
















Sexy Super Diva


Once we met up with the team, Stephanie got to work with Ashley makeup and her amazingly sparkly pink lips …  Just let me to take out the hair pins and set Ashley’s hair and we were ready for the shoot.

This is my absolute favourite of all the images but we need to wait to the launch of the single on the 1st Oct to see what image is being used for the Cover.




Scott Garvey Ashley Creative Director over seen the photo shoot and took the behind the scenes video.
Click for behind the scenes on the shoot



No comments:

Post a Comment